Company Secretary in Ireland
All Irish companies, including single member companies, are required by law to have a company secretary, who may be one of the directors.
The company secretary acts in accordance with the directors’ instructions. A company secretary’s main functions are to ensure that the company complies with the law and observes its own regulations.
We offer a comprehensive range of Company Secretarial and compliance services.
Company Secretary Appointment
A company secretary can be either an individual or corporate body. The first company secretary of your company must be named in the documents filed with the Companies Registration Office on incorporation. The subsequent appointment of a company secretary must be notified to the Registrar of Companies within 14 days of the appointment.
Company Secretarial Service
We provide a company secretarial service to ensure that important statutory requirements are fulfilled. Should you wish to request our company secretarial service, simply select the service on our order form when ordering your company.
We ensure that all your company’s statutory requirements are met, including the filing of the annual returns, filing accounts and maintain the company statutory register.
As your company secretary, we will prepare documents in respect of changes to your company structure as and when they occur, this includes:
- Allotment of shares
- Transfer of shares
- Appointments and resignations of officers
As your company secretary our duties will include:
- Maintaining the register of directors and secretary
- Issuing share certificates and recording transfers of shares
- Maintaining the register of members and debenture holders
- Arranging for charges to be registered and recorded in the register of charges
- Filing of documents at the Companies Registration Office including changes of registered office, changes of directors and their particulars
As your company secretary we can also offer the preparation and submission of the annual return, showing the details of the directors, secretary, shareholders, share capital and any share transfers that occurred during the year.
Every company must have a minimum of two officers, and the secretary may be one of the directors of the company. However in the case of a single director company that director cannot be the company secretary.
Should you wish to request our company secretarial service, simply select the service on our order form when ordering your company.
Company Secretary Duties
Maintaining the Statutory Registers
The secretary keeps the statutory registers up to date. These are the:
- Register of Shareholders
- Register of Directors and Secretaries
- Register of Directors’ and Secretaries’ interests in shares and debentures
- Register of Debenture Holders together with copies of the instruments which create charges